Welcome to Chichester International’s Online Preparation Guide

Getting Your CAS

Most international students need a Student Route visa to study in the UK. To apply for this visa, you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from our admissions team.

A CAS is a document that confirms you have been accepted to study at the University of Chichester. This is an essential element of your visa application.
You can only receive this document after you have:

  • Accepted an unconditional offer from us
  • Paid your deposit
  • Passed your CAS eligibility interview (You will be told if this is required)
The earliest your CAS can be issued is three months before the start of your studies, so long as you have met all the requirements for your visa and from the university.

Have you been asked to attend a CAS eligibility interview?

Don’t worry! You will be contacted by our international team, who will organise and conduct your interview. The interview is designed to assess if applicants are genuine students who are travelling to the UK for the sole purpose of study. If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Chichester International Advice Team.

We recommend that you give yourself as much time as possible to make sure you receive your visa in time to travel to the UK. You must arrive for the start of your induction week and not later.

You can email our admissions team if you have any questions about the CAS issuing process (

Need information on applying for your Student Route Visa?

TIP: The Chiview Portal displays all the information that is relevant to you. Enter your applicant number or email address, name and date of birth to view information about all correspondence sent to you. Your induction programme and registration

Search BePrepared

Please enter your search term below (i.e. “Visa” or “Accommodation”)